Hugo Patyn & Celina Rotundo
August 11, 2018 : Tango Gala
August 12 to 15: Workshops
Click here for Workshops Schedule and prices
Masters of Tango Argentino HUGO PATYN and CELINA ROTUNDO will be in Vancouver in charge of a busy tango weekend where Tango enthusiasts will be able to enjoy their mastery in an Evening Gala as well as their highly acclaimed workshops.
Hugo Patyn and Celina Rotundo are Argentine Tango dancers, masters, and choreographers who dazzle the world, both on stage and in every class or workshop they teach.
They possess an especially particular connection and style, making them first class dancers with an extensive dance background. They have danced in diverse places around the world, presenting challenging, intense and sensual choreographies with history. As instructors, they have initiated and inspired hundreds of students around the world.
SCHEDULE of EVENTS
TANGO GALA: Sat Aug 11
Location: Holy Trinity Church – 154 East 10th St (off Main St) – Vancouver, BC
Parking: Behind and in front of the Church
8:30pm: Doors open
9:00pm: Milonga (social dance) with D.J. Jorge Olguin
10:00pm: Performace by Tango Masters Hugo Patyn and Celina Rotundo
The Milonga will resume after the performance until doors close.
Bar service and delicious empanadas
Location: The Russian Hall 600 Campbell Ave - Vancouver, BC
~ TANGO ~
Sun, Aug 12 - 2:00-3:15 – Advanced level
The Ultimate in close embrace for Milonguero Style Rhythm work
- Share axis into a close embrace
- Physical training for leaders/ followers thru individual/ partner exercises.
- Students will have the opportunity to request what they desire to work on and ask questions in a class setting.
Sun, Aug 12 - 3:30-4:45 – Intermediate level
D'arienzo Style, making your dance sharp, dynamic and stylish.
- Turns with embellishment
- Interpretation and understanding of the up/down bits with different orchestras.
Mon, Aug 13 - 7:00-8:15 - General instruction for Beginners
- Introduction to Cross System
- Introduction to Close Embrace.
- Introduction to Turns
- How to dance into a crow Milonga using simple moves
- Introduction to Milonga Rhythm
- Introduction to Vals Rhythm
~ VALS ~
Tue, Aug 14 - 7:00-8:15 – Intermediate and Advanced levels
- Circular Moves with embellishment in a syncopation rhythms
- Complex Close embrace figures with a embellishment
~ MILONGA ~
Tue, Aug 14 - 8:30-9:45 - Intermediate and Advanced levels
- Ochos into Milonga Traspie
- Change of Dynamic with embellishment for her and Him
Gala, Sat Aug 11, Doors open at 8pm : $35
1 - $40 2 - $75 3 - $110 4 - $145 5 - $180
Private classes: Available Mon 13 though Wed 15 from noon to 6:45pm.
For bookings please contact Gabriela at 604.684.4225 or
The studio fee is in Canadian dollars
Private lessons are for 1 or 2 people (1 hour)
taught by one of the masters either Celina or Hugo so you can share the cost
1 clase: US$100 + Studio Fee
3 clases: US$270 + Studio Fee
5 Clases: US$400 + Studio Fee
Privates with both teachers together:
1 clase: US$130 + Studio Fee
3 clases: US$330 + Studio Fee
5 Clases: US$500 + Studio Fee
Please contact Gabriela for bookings: